Tuesday, June 19, 2007

gone


Jamie Tittle passed away this evening in Louisville KY. I am always surprised by the people who develop terminal illnesses, and this case is no exception. I first met Jamie in 1989. He's been a fixture in my life both here in Lexington and during the years I lived in Louisville. Jamie makes me think of U2's "the Joshua Tree", Siouxsie and The Banshees, Volcano Sons, Throwing Muses, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier as drawn by Jim Steranko. Jamie Tittle always made me accutely aware of how much I don't know and how unread I truly am, but NEVER in a condescending manner. He was a lovely, benevolent person and I'm deeply sorry for those closest to him.

4 comments:

CheddarPants said...

Jamie makes me think of the Church and of Echo & the Bunnymen.

lolliloobedoo said...

Jamie makes me think of CAN, Pavement & Sebadoh

Unknown said...

Jamie makes me think of educational television-and the Allman Brother's light show. He probably could've helped me on my way to achieving my dream of being a concert light show performer.

Jacktastic said...

Jamie definitely makes me think of Steve Kilbey and Roger Miller.

x.