Tuesday, June 19, 2007

whatsername?


Grace Zabriskie, that's her name. For 20 years, America's best tormented mother. She's Susan's exasperated grieving mom on "Seinfeld", Laura Palmer's drug addled and vision plagued mom on "Twin Peaks", and these days she's Bill's dejected and scornful mom (the 'First Wife') on "Big Love". Grace was once known as "Amazing Grace" Zibriskie on the Beat Poetry Scene in the late 50's, and played the brain bruisingly creepy "Lady In the Radiator" in David Lynch's premier film Eraserhead. I love Grace Zibriskie. Don't you?

2 comments:

Rewbo said...

I loved Eraserhead. I've seen it at least a dozen times and I still don't know what the hell it's about.

mrlawless said...

that's crazy. i never knew she was the lady in the radiator. her character on big love kind of reminds me of my grandmother after she has a few drinks.